Welcome to the Home page of UDP UK
UDP United Kingdom is a not for profit organisation founded on the 27th February 2010 as an overseas chapter of the United Democratic Party (UDP). The UDP is an active political party in The Gambia.
We recognise that the UDP is, inter alia:
- The biggest political party in The Gambia;
- Intends to make credible political and constitutional reforms necessary to nurture a vibrant democratic society based on respect for the rule of law and the fundamental rights and freedoms of the citizenry;
- Intends to introduce a presidential term limit as way of ending the culture of self perpetuating rule;
- Intends to safeguard and strengthen the independence and the integrity of the judiciary particularly the criminal justice system;
- Is committed to the judicious appropriation of taxpayers’ money;
- Intends to create a conductive environment for attracting the much badly needed foreign investment into the country;
- Have the political will to tackle the prevalent youth unemployment issue;
- Notwithstanding all the above, the party has significant financial constraints which impedes it’s day to day operations in The Gambia.
Our objective is:
- To assist the party’s fund raising drive in the United Kingdom as well as collecting membership fees on behalf of the party;
- Provide technical and logistical support to the party; and
- To organise the party in the United Kingdom in anticipation of the much talked about diaspora enfranchisement expected to take place before the next presidential election due in 2021.
Becoming a member means you will be joining a vibrant community of selfless patriots who continue to stand ready to fight for and defend our democracy and hard earned freedom from oppression and dictatorship.
You will have the opportunity to contribute towards policy making, be involve in our events, campaigns and rallies, and to be among the people who will bring about a UDP government in 2021.You may also apply to become a UDP candidate in any given national election if you so wish.
The UDP is funded by the general membership. We therefore expect registered members to pay a nominal membership fee of £60 per annum. This will not just be your contribution towards the sustenance of the party, but also a manifestation of your commitment and taking up of ownership and responsibility.
Fees collected will go towards funding our programmes, paying for our campaign materials, and maintaining our secretariat and bureaus across the country. As you may already know, there is no state funding available to political parties in The Gambia.
If you are 18 or over and a Gambian citizen living in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, you are welcome to join UDP UK today. Together we shall make a better Gambia for ourselves, our children and for generations yet unborn. Please register here.
Saihou Saidily, Public Relations Officer; Tel: (+44) 07769517281
Lamin Conateh, Secretary; Tel: (+44) 07771676759
Lamin Danso, Treasurer; (+44) 07939920610
Nyima Manneh Coordinator (Greater Manchester); (+44) 07474195495
For direct payments and donations, please see our bank account details below:
UDP UK Chapter
Account Number: 80241822
Sort Code: 200864